Teacher Guide for Early Georgia:
Download the teacher guide for historical background, links to resources on using primary sources in the classroom, and an example of a ready-to-use classroom activity to accompany the primary sources in this set.
Teacher Guide (PDF, 578KB)
Primary Sources: click on the standard to link to primary sources, suggested informational texts, links to relevant websites, and more…
- SS8H1 – The development of Native American cultures and the impact of European exploration and settlement on the Native American cultures in Georgia.
- SS8H2 – The colonial period of Georgia’s history
- SS8H3 -The role of Georgia in the American Revolution
- SS8H4 – The ratification of the United States Constitution and the Bill of Rights
- SS8H5 – The development of Georgia as part of the growth of the United States between 1789 and 1840s